Monday, September 29, 2014

Daydream Believer



Sometimes even the simplest images can spark creativity in our minds. Usually when I see a picture of something, the first thing I notice is the color. Do the colors pop out at me or do they all mesh into one color blend?

I think that the reason why I notice the color of the picture first is because I like seeing how different colors look together and how they contrast. This stems from my obsession with interior design and finding new paint colors that flow well together.

When I see this picture, I notice reds, greens, and browns. Whenever I am looking at a picture of a house, I like to think about what the inside of that house looks like. I like to take inspiration from the colors used on the exterior to imagine what the interior looks like.
This doesn't necessarily mean that the interior colors need to go with the same bold theme as the exterior does! For instance, I think the best look for the interior of this home is oak floors and cream colored walls with an open floor plan. A fireplace would dominate one wall in the living room, bringing back the sense of a cozy country cottage. The inside of the home has modern features, but uses small details to bring you back to the country feel, like the small square windows.

I’d like to know if you guys have any different ideas about what the interior of this house might look like, as well as what you notice first about this picture. Happy daydreaming!


No comments:

Post a Comment